How is it going to work?
- On April 29th we will be hosting an online challenge that allows everyone to get involved with our 60th Anniversary celebrations.
- You can participate either as a group (with a maximum of eight people per group) or as an individual, whichever you decide, please like and send us an INBOX message in our official Facebook page- “Nuestra Cabaña” with your/your patrol’s and leader’s name, a contact e-mail address, how many people are participating in the challenge and where you are from.
- We will be uploading links to all of the necessary materials to complete the challenge on our official Facebook page, for you to access in advance and plan how you are going to complete the challenge.
- There are four main sections to the challenge; WAGGGS and World Centres, History of Our Cabaña, Around Our Cabaña, and Mexican Culture. Each of these sections has four activities for you to pick and choose from.
- In order to be in with a chance of being awarded with the Our Cabaña 60th Anniversary Badge you must complete two challenges from each section in addition to our compulsory activities and upload your evidence from 9am until 9pm Mexican time (UTC-5). We have 60 badges available for the first 60 participants to complete the challenge.
- However, if you wish to merely take part in only parts of the challenge that is completely fine! We will send you via e-mail blank certificates so that you can fill them out and give them to your group to commemorate your participation in Our Cabaña’s 60th Remember that you can also complete the challenge at any time you want, even past April 29th.
- In order to keep track of those who are completing the challenge and for us to know who to send the badges to, we ask you to upload evidence of everything you are doing to our Facebook page “Nuestra Cabaña”- Each time you complete a challenge, the patrol leader (or you, if you are playing on your own) must post the evidence of this on our Facebook page.- Then, the leader should copy the post’s link or make a screenshot and send it to us via inbox. Add the name of the patrol or your name if you are playing individually, so we can monitor which parts of the challenge you completed.
This way you are helping us to keep track of the activities already finished. Remember: only the patrol leader will be the responsible of making the posts
- Once you have completed the challenge, send us your address and how many of your group actually completed the challenge and we will dispatch the badges.
- Please ensure that all participants have parental permission to partake in the activities and that anyone featured in videos and photos uploaded to the Facebook page are happy for their face to be shared publically. If not, you can be creative and find alternative ways of taking the photos.
1.- Like or follow Our Cabaña on all of the social media accounts you hold;
- Facebook: Nuestra Cabaña
- Twitter: @nuestracabana
- Instagram: Nuestra Cabaña
- YouTube: Nuestra Cabaña
- Pinterest: Nuestra Cabaña
2.- WAGGGS and World Centres
- Sing the world song and take a video of yourselves doing so.
- Create a collage that represents the five different world centres, think outside the box, use any materials, and don’t just use photographs! Please include at least one fact about each World Centre.
- Take a photo “with” a World Centre manager or a World Centre mascot, this one requires some creativity.
- Send a picture of a country where Kusafiri has been and find out about the event that took place in that country.
3.- Mexican Culture
- Paint your face in the style of Day of the Dead (and upload a photo) and explain the significance of Day of the Dead in your caption.
- Research and list the 20 most important pyramids in Mexico in height order.
- Try your best to dress up like a Mariachi, sing the Las Mañanitas song and attempt some traditional Mexican dancing, upload the video and get 60 likes on it.
- Create your own miniature piñata and explain the significance of the seven points. If you cannot find the materials, draw one.
4.- History of Our Cabaña
- Video yourselves singing the Our Cabaña song.
- Create a timeline of Our Cabaña’s history, use any form of media to create this but remember that you must upload it for us to see in either photo or video form.
- Recreate part of Our Cabaña’s history through mime and dance without talking.
- Using only material that you already own and that you can find around your home create your own Chief’s door. Don’t forget to be green- this could be a great opportunity to reduce, reuse and recycle. Then take a photo with the door!
5.- Around Our Cabaña
- Our Cabaña’s fire circle can hold over 100 people. Share with us a video of you/your troop singing your favorite campfire song.
- Around our Cabaña you will find many staff and volunteers. Take a look at our staff and volunteer profiles to learn more about the wonderful people who work at Our Cabana. Share a message or greeting on this page for the Our Cabaña Staff.
- Watch the Our Cabaña tour video to learn more about the places around Our Cabaña! Can you answer the following questions? Copy and paste the questions and answers to the challenge Facebook group.
- How many dormitories are there at Our Cabaña and what are their names?
- What does the name Mixcoacalli mean?
- What does the sculpture of the world with the 5 girls represent?
- Who donated Our Cabaña’s front door? In what year?
- What are the names of Our Cabaña’s gardens?
- The Our Cabaña kitchen cooks up a variety of delicious meals and desserts. Share with us your favourite Mexican recipe or a picture of you/your troop cooking together.
6.- Wish Our Cabaña a Happy 60th Anniversary, please upload a video of your well wishes.
Question and Answer Section
- Facebook forum
- Facebook live video